Tuesday, August 14, 2007

That Dress

This is how I used to dress. I had an amazing Howard Showers blue and white gingham dress in a similiar pattern that I bought one year on holiday. My friend had to talk me into it, I wasn't even sure that it looked that great, but it was only $40 on sale.

On the flight home, there was a stopover at another airport for about half an hour and as there was about 10 degrees difference to the temperature at my destination, I changed clothes. Out of the grey pants and tshirt and thin jumper I was wearing, into this light cotton dress. Now I don't often remember reactions to me, but I have a very clear memory of people, who had been on the first flight with me and not paid any attention (which was fine by me!) turning around and STARING. It must have been the dress.

Anyway, it's worn out now and in a cupboard somewhere, but I'd like to be able to wear this summer's version from the David Jones catalogue. And as you can see, it's hardly skinny skinny territory. Just nicely rounded.

But still about 20 kilos away.

No comments: